Hothfield Parish Council

...in the rustic heart of Kent



 
 OCTOBER 2016 PARISH COUNCIL
MEETING MINUTES
    

MINUTES 157                                                    Page 715

Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting

held at The Village Hall, Hothfield,

on Wednesday 5 October 2016 at 7pm

PRESENT:  

Mr D Parker (Chair), Mrs S Parker, Mrs P Sutcliffe, Mr M Cook and Mr P Howard, Mr R Libbeter and Mr I Lloyd

Mr C Stanley, Webmaster

PARISH CLERK: Mrs J Batt
BOROUGH COUNCILLOR: - -
COUNTY COUNCILLOR: - -
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC:
  

There were no Members of the Public present.

1.   APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

An apology for absence was received from Mr L Krause (illness).  No apology was received from Mr P Fothergill

 

2.   DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY AND SIGNIFICANT INTEREST

Declarations of Pecuniary Interest

There were no Declarations of Pecuniary Interest.   

 

Declarations of Significant Interest.

There were no Declarations of Significant Interest.

 

i.  To note the granting of any Requests for Dispensations and the decision

No such applications received.

 

ii. Updating of Declarations of Interest

Councillors were reminded to update their Declarations of Interest with the Monitoring Officer if necessary.

 

3.   PUBLIC INTERVAL

There were no Members of the Public present.

 

4.  ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

Minutes 156 of the meeting held on 13 September 2016 were accepted and it was unanimously agreed that Mr Parker should sign them.

 

 Proposed:  Mr Mr Lloyd           Seconded:  Mrs Sutcliffe

 

5.    MATTERS FOR REPORT ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES

We have not heard back from ABC following our query about the bin at the MUGA. 

The Clerk will follow this up.

 

6.  CORRESPONDENCE AND OTHER GENERAL COUNCIL BUSINESS

 

EMAILS

Russell Jarvis

 

Draft Local Plan

Mr Parker reported that he attended a meeting with Simon Cole and Carly Pettit of ABC, along with Mrs Sutcliffe and Mr Howard to discuss issues relating to the Draft Local Plan.

 

Three omission sites have been put forward for consideration in Hothfield which Ashford Borough Council is obliged to look at and rate against the normal criteria for sites included in the plan.  ABC hopes to advise all changes to the plan by February and the revised plan will be subject to a 6-week consultation period probably across March and April 2017. The finalised plan should be with the inspector by October 2017 to be examined and with ABC Cabinet by December to be signed off and it will then become law in April 2018.

 

 There will be development proposals for Hothfield in the revised Local Plan and Mr Cole has agreed in principle to attend a drop-in session probably in March or early April 2017 for residents of Hothfield, to allow them to voice any comments or concerns on the revised plan and he offered to work with Hothfield Parish Council on the suitability of the sites proposed for development in the parish and to meet with Mr Parker, Mrs Sutcliffe and Mr Howard again in December to discuss his progress.

 

Neighbourhood Plan

Mr Parker reported that, following a presentation by Mr Cole at the recent KALC meeting and listening to the experiences of other parishes who have either completed a Neighbourhood Plan or are in the process of doing so his advice to Hothfield Parish Council was to refrain from undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan or Village Envelope

Design at this moment in time as ABC’s Local Plan will become a legal document long before any Hothfield Neighbourhood Plan is finalised and there is a requirement for a Neighbourhood Plan to completely align with the Local Plan.  Instead, it makes more sense at this point to work with closely with the council to get a result that is acceptable to both the parish of Hothfield and Ashford Borough Council.

Councillors unanimously agreed with this proposal.
 

Hothfield Youth Projects Funding

Mrs Parker reported that she hopes the 2nd Hothfield Cub Group will be in a position to start meeting in December.  The group will take both girls and boys.  A leadership team is in place and a grant has been received from the Ashford District Scouts, although this will not cover all initial expenses and Mrs Parker asked whether Hothfield Parish Council would be prepared to pay the group’s Village Hall costs.

 

Resolution:  After discussion it was agreed that Hothfield Parish Council will pay the Village Hall Costs for the 2nd Hothfield Cub Group.

 

Proposed  Mr Cook         Seconded Mr Libbeter.     Unanimous

 

Village Fete

It was agreed to hold a Village Fete next year and Mrs Parker, Mr Howard and Mr Lloyd will contact the Bluebell Centre to ask them to be involved and for use of the building on the day.  Local residents will be invited to join the Fete Committee via the newsletter.

 

The Play Inspection Company Annual Report

Following receipt of the Annual Report the following issues have been addressed: -

 

Mather and Smith repaired the bar on the MUGA during the month and Mr Cook will paint over the weld.

 

Trevor May has tightened the nuts on part of the MUGA.  The Clerk was asked to thank him and say that councillors do not think that any more need attention at the moment.

 

Mr Howard reported that he has replaced 3 of the 6 light bulbs.

 

Mr Parker has taken the string net down.

 

The vegetation has been cut back.

 

A sharp area on the seat in the youth shelter needs grinding down and Mr Cook offered to liaise with Mr Marden regarding this.

 

Councillors are satisfied that all items on the report have now been addressed.

 

7.      FINANCE

                 Accounts to be Paid

PAYEE

CHQ

NO

DETAILS

NET

£

VAT

£

GROSS

£

Mrs J Batt

 

 

  1386

Salary

Expenses

General Admin

 215.73

     6.03

   15.20

 

 

  

 

 

    236.96

Mr K Marden

  1387

Salary

   93.60

 

      93.60

The Post Office

  1388

Income Tax

 163.40

 

    163.40

Clive Stanley

  1389

Webmaster Services

 123.50

 

    123.50

The Play Inspection Co Ltd

  1390

Play Area Inspection

   62.50

 12.50

     75.00

Mr P Howard

  1391

Light Bulbs for MUGA

   34.95

   6.99

     41.94

Mrs P Sutcliffe

  1392

Children’s Prizes for Garden Competition

 

   25.75

 

 

      25.75

            Resolution:  Councillors unanimously agreed to pay the above accounts.                

              Proposed  Mr Libbeter      Seconded  Mrs Parker

 

 

            Bank Balance per Cash Book                  Balance at Bank

Opening Balance

  19290.21

 

PC Reserve A/C

   25603.93

Add Receipts in Year

  18212.05

 

Less u/c cheques

       832.46

 

  37502.26

 

 

   24771.47

Less Payments in Year

    8333.63

 

PC Current A/C

       100.00

 

  29168.63

 

Y Current A/C

     3266.76

Less Earmarked Funds

  11080.83

 

Y Reserve A/C

     1030.40

 

  18087.80

 

 

   29168.63

 

 

 

Less Earmarked Funds

   11080.83

 

 

 

 

   18087.80

 

              Earmarked Funds                      

 

Balance

13.09.16

+/-

Oct

Balance

05.10.16

MUGA

EDF Oct

Annual Inspection

 

2505.38

 

  -20.00

  -62.50

 

 

2422.88

Road Sweeping

Salary Oct

 

3202.14

 

  -93.60

 

 3108.54

Bus Shelter

  351.60

 

  351.60

Garden Competition

  377.40

 

  377.40

Village Projects

2400.00

 

2400.00

Village Fete

 1720.41

 

 1720.41

Salt Bin

   700.00

 

   700.00

TOTAL

11256.93

-176.10

11080.83

 

Budget and Setting of Precept for 2017/2018

The Finance and Policy Group will prepare a budget in time for the next meeting.

8.   PLANNING

No applications received.

 

9.   FORUM FOR EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION BETWEEN COUNCILLORS

The Clerk was asked to write to Godinton House and thank them for supporting the Garden Competition.

               

The Clerk was asked to inform KHS that the give way markings onto the A20 at the Esso Garage are no longer visible.

 

Mr Libbeter will email the Clerk with details of the street light that is not working.

 

The Village Hall Committee is planning on holding children’s parties at Christmas.

 

The Bowls Club has started up again.

 

Arrangements for the APM will be included on the next agenda.

 

Lorry parking is becoming a problem in Ram Lane.  Mr Parker will bring this up at the forthcoming Parish & Town Council Seminar.

 

           

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.55 pm.

 

^^^ Up to top of page


 
Published - 21-06-2016 
 2016 Hothfield Parish Council